Welcome to your Local Site for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Bury Green, and surrounding areas
- Broxbourne's Parks Named Some of the Best in Britain Published: 28-07-2015 08:34
- Classic Vehicle Day in Waltham Cross Town Centre, 8 August 2015 Published: 28-07-2015 07:59
- Employees and Social Media? Published: 27-07-2015 09:21
- Free music event: Summer of Sound returns this August Published: 24-07-2015 14:27
- Lord Lieutenant to visit the Borough, Thursday 30 July 2015 Published: 22-07-2015 15:38
- Summer fun at Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 22-07-2015 13:10
- A Vintage Afternoon featuring The Polka Dots Published: 22-07-2015 12:26
- Broxbourne Council to support community fireworks displays Published: 22-07-2015 12:16
- "Broxbourne in Bloom" School Winners Announced Published: 22-07-2015 12:09
- The Merchant of Venice Broadcast Live to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 20-07-2015 13:23
- A piece of royal history on show at Lowewood Museum Published: 20-07-2015 13:12
- Stephen Warner’s diary entries published Published: 20-07-2015 12:55
- Give Your Town The Run Around returns to Hoddesdon in September Published: 20-07-2015 12:28
- Feedback wanted - Council seeks views on Rye Park Plan Published: 20-07-2015 12:04
- Town buzzing as Vintage and Classic Vehicle Display returns to Hoddesdon Published: 20-07-2015 11:49
- Summer Holiday Activities at Broxbourne's Local Leisure Centres Published: 20-07-2015 11:39
- Summer Holiday Fun at Kidz Klub Published: 20-07-2015 11:29
- On the Move: 5,500 years of the Wheel opens at Lowewood Museum Published: 01-07-2015 09:05
- Open Day 2015 is only days away Published: 26-06-2015 16:50
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering your locality of Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Hammond Street, Rosedale, Bury Green, and the surrounding areas Please bear with us while we build up the content the site, or even better, you can help us!
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Goffs Oak War Memorial
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Broxbourne Council Annual Event
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).