Welcome to your Local Site for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Bury Green, and surrounding areas
- Broxbourne Council Supports Food Bank Published: 26-11-2014 11:39
- Working to support the blind and partially sighted Published: 24-11-2014 18:54
- White Ribbon Day, 25 November 2014 – Raising awareness of domestic abuse Published: 24-11-2014 18:38
- Council clamps down on fly-tipping Published: 18-11-2014 13:16
- New driving range opens at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 18-11-2014 13:00
- Biggest ever Christmas Fair at Broxbourne Civic Hall, 30 November Published: 18-11-2014 12:44
- Broxbourne Council shows support for World Diabetes Day Published: 18-11-2014 12:21
- Decorated Crosses by primary schools are shown in displays to commemorate the WW1 Centenary Published: 18-11-2014 11:34
- Launch Event for Broxbourne Olympic Legacy Project Published: 18-11-2014 11:00
- Council helps residents to ‘Get Ready for Winter’ Published: 18-11-2014 10:22
- Relocation of Cheshunt 'One Stop Shop' Published: 11-11-2014 11:22
- Waltham Cross Christmas Shopping Day Published: 11-11-2014 11:11
- Hoddesdon Loves Christmas Published: 11-11-2014 10:54
- Festive Christmas carol evening Published: 11-11-2014 10:24
- Volunteers spend over 100 hours preparing Cedars Park for winter Published: 04-11-2014 14:11
- Festival of Fireworks birthday bash attracts thousands Published: 04-11-2014 09:48
- Spooky night at Cedars Park Published: 04-11-2014 09:30
- Health Matters: Lung Cancer Awareness Published: 03-11-2014 11:21
- Contractor appointed to move Broxbourne Enterprise Centre forward Published: 03-11-2014 10:10
- Waltham Abbey Wool Show - Sun 19th January 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-06-2014 11:01
- Hoddesdon Home & Leisure Show 2013 Comments: 2 Latest: 04-09-2013 12:21
- Yet ANOTHER Phone Scam Comments: 3 Latest: 23-06-2011 19:31
- Wormley youngster Adam Chipperfield tells the Mayor of his good idea Comments: 1 Latest: 17-03-2011 16:36
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering your locality of Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Hammond Street, Rosedale, Bury Green, and the surrounding areas Please bear with us while we build up the content the site, or even better, you can help us!
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Goffs Oak War Memorial
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Broxbourne Council Annual Event
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).