Welcome to your Local Site for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Bury Green, and surrounding areas
Are you a Wise Man or a Donkey; a Turkey or a Little Star?
In aid of the Mildmay charity, each Christmas time in a little town in Hertfordshire, a couple of sadists produce a quiz with which to torture the unsuspecting populace. Are you TOUGH ENOUGH to participate? Read on.....
- 2015: A Year of Heritage for Broxbourne Published: 31-01-2015 13:52
- Broxbourne Council to apply for 'Royal Borough' status Published: 31-01-2015 13:49
- Hertfordshire’s Chief Constable meets with Cabinet Members to discuss ‘making Broxbourne safer’ Published: 31-01-2015 13:36
- Volunteers needed for Barclay Park parkrun Published: 31-01-2015 13:30
- The Laura Trott Leisure Centre welcomes blind and partially sighted users Published: 19-01-2015 17:24
- New guided walks programme Published: 13-01-2015 16:12
- Struggling residents can apply for Discretionary Housing Payments Published: 13-01-2015 16:06
- "Unseen" problems of being overweight Published: 09-01-2015 12:35
- Nominations open for the first ever Broxbourne Youth Awards Published: 06-01-2015 16:31
- Design Icons: Through the 1960s, 70s and 80s Published: 06-01-2015 16:16
- Festive competition at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 24-12-2014 14:01
- How to make sure your relationship survives the festive season Published: 19-12-2014 12:17
- Arlene Phillips on Strictly! Published: 18-12-2014 16:15
- Chocolate Chestnut Orange Christmas Cake Published: 18-12-2014 15:50
- Charley Boorman’s Survival Guide to Christmas Published: 18-12-2014 15:08
- Pokémon- Got to catch them all! Published: 18-12-2014 14:21
- How to dress stylishly at any age Published: 18-12-2014 13:45
- Christmas holidays activities at Council leisure centres Published: 18-12-2014 09:52
- Council sponsors second edition of Give Your Town the Run Around Published: 17-12-2014 10:20
- Waltham Abbey Wool Show - Sun 19th January 2014 Comments: 1 Latest: 24-06-2014 11:01
- Hoddesdon Home & Leisure Show 2013 Comments: 2 Latest: 04-09-2013 12:21
- Yet ANOTHER Phone Scam Comments: 3 Latest: 23-06-2011 19:31
- Wormley youngster Adam Chipperfield tells the Mayor of his good idea Comments: 1 Latest: 17-03-2011 16:36
- Ticks on the increase.... Comments: 1 Latest: 18-05-2010 14:03
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering your locality of Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Hammond Street, Rosedale, Bury Green, and the surrounding areas Please bear with us while we build up the content the site, or even better, you can help us!
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Goffs Oak War Memorial
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Broxbourne Council Annual Event
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).