Welcome to your Local Site for Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Bury Green, and surrounding areas
All you frustrated entertainers wanting an opportunity to entertain 4,000 expected visitors to the Hoddesdon Heritage Day and May Fair on 9th May 2015, this is your big chance.
- St George’s Day Celebration at Grundy Park Published: 01-05-2015 09:55
- Man and Superman screened to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 01-05-2015 09:34
- VE Day celebrations in Broxbourne Published: 30-04-2015 15:32
- Trial summer membership at Cheshunt Park Golf Centre Published: 30-04-2015 15:07
- "Let’s Hang On" comes to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 30-04-2015 14:48
- Anthony Trollope exhibition opens at Lowewood Museum Published: 21-04-2015 10:14
- Alton Towers Resort launches the captivating new Enchanted Village Published: 18-04-2015 17:01
- Youth Councillors meet with Hertfordshire Police and Crime Commissioner Published: 18-04-2015 16:22
- Sammy the Seal talks to school children about Swim School Published: 18-04-2015 16:12
- "How the Koala Learnt to Hug" Published: 18-04-2015 15:49
- Great Prizes Up For Grabs! Published: 18-04-2015 15:36
- Housing matters discussed at Landlords’ Forum on 8 April 15 Published: 18-04-2015 15:28
- "Songs for Victory" comes to Broxbourne Civic Hall Published: 18-04-2015 15:07
- The Pirates of Penzance Published: 18-04-2015 14:54
- 'Broxbourne in Bloom' growing competition now open Published: 18-04-2015 14:44
- May Fair and Heritage Day, Hoddesdon town centre on 9 May 2015 Published: 17-04-2015 14:19
- Information Fair for Older People Published: 17-04-2015 14:01
- Fees waived to encourage VE Day street parties Published: 17-04-2015 13:58
- Laura Trott Leisure Centre instructors to run London Marathon Published: 17-04-2015 12:36
Hello, and welcome to your new interactive website covering your locality of Goffs Oak, Flamstead End, Hammond Street, Rosedale, Bury Green, and the surrounding areas Please bear with us while we build up the content the site, or even better, you can help us!
Contact us to find out more about how you can get involved.
Goffs Oak War Memorial
Our aim is to ultimately provide everything you might want from a community website; from news to chat, from chemists' late night opening to cinema listings, from council notices to quizzes and games. In fact, you name it, and we would hope to provide it.
Remember it is a community website, so the more involvement and input that you - the community - can give us, the better. Join us as a registered user (absolutely free) and you can have your say. So don't be shy in contacting us with absolutely anything at all that you feel would be of interest to anyone else, be it a snippet of news or an upcoming event. Any content ideas you feel would be useful which are not currently there, do let us know.
The various links at the top left of each page will enable you to navigate around the site. Clicking onto the down arrow next to the category will bring up the sub-divisions of that category, so you can click on to what ever takes your fancy. For instance What's on within "News" tab will lead you to events that are current or upcoming, and details of those events will be discovered by clicking on from there. Similarly, the "Community" tab will lead you to information about organisations (charities, educational establishments, clubs and societies etc) within the area.
Broxbourne Council Annual Event
The "Business" section is where you will find directories of (mostly) local businesses and services. (This will take time to build, but in the meantime, if you have had dealings with a local business that you were pleased with, then do let us know, we can contact them and suggest they give themselves a presence on the site.)
To find out what events are upcoming on the calendar, then take a click on "Upcoming Events" at the top of the left-hand column on this page.
As the site develops further, we expect enhancements to be made to all these areas, such that the site will evolve into the first stop for anyone looking for local information.
Please take a little while to navigate around and see where things are, and if you have any thoughts on additions, repositions, or even deletions, do let us know - remember, it's your site!
Keep your eyes open too, for various prize competitions which will be introduced on occasions.
So, if you run or are involved with any local group, charity, club, PTA etc, and you want to get any information of events or fixtures out there to your community, or if you just want to raise a community issue, then all you have to do is join our network, because it's your network too. And it's all totally FREE to register and to use.
Alternatively, please feel free to e-mail us with anything you'd like us to know about.
Oh, and if you need it, here's our local weather from the BBC (though we can't guarantee its accuracy!).