Top 5 Eyecare Tips
|Published: 12th June 2018 15:30|
To celebrate its 5th anniversary, independent opticians Anne Gill Eyecare in London Road, North End, will be sharing a series of ‘Top 5 Tips’ on various topics that will help you look after your eyes.
To start, here are some tips in general eyecare for all:
- Have a sight test at least every two years.
- If seeing flashing lights and/or ‘floaters’ (a shadow or spot which moves around with your sight), go and see an optician for some advice.
- Eat a varied, healthy diet - fruit and vegetables provide vitamins and minerals that help maintain a healthy eye.
- Use sunglasses when outside in bright daylight – it doesn’t have to be sunny for damaging UV rays to have an effect.
- Give up smoking – smoke is not only an irritant, but contains a number of substances that are harmful to eyes.
For more information, visit